K-5 Thematic Programs
K-5 Thematic Programs are available to kindergarten through fifth grade in the Pittsburgh Public Schools.
During the program students will:
- participate in an interactive read-aloud.
- create a hands-on activity based on information discussed in the program.
Students are encouraged to:
- foster a love of reading and literature.
- visit their local public library.
Program topics have included:
- Folktales & Presidential Mania
- Dream Big, Read! (Summer Reading 2012)
- Imaginary Gardening & Urban Art - March/April 2012
- Japan & Haiku - Jan/Feb 2012
- Music - October/November 2011
- Fairy Tales & Snow White
- Safari & Big Cats
- Make A Splash! (Summer Reading 2010)
- Deep Sea & Robots
- Birds & Constellations
- Pirates & Presidents
- Music and Movement
- Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes... Knees and Toes & All The World's A Stage
- Wacky Weather & Inventors
- Bugs & Extreme Nature
- Friendship & Peace
- Bats & Ancient Egypt
- Food from Around the World
- Poetry & Music
- Fractured Fairytales & Folktales