Third Grade Interactive Read Aloud Program
This program is currently offered to 20 Pittsburgh Public Elementary Schools (49 classrooms). Each classroom is visited once a month. The visits consist of an interactive multicultural read aloud, rich vocabulary discussion, critical thinking questions, comprehension strategies, and a reflective writing activity.
- How Do I Structure an Interactive Read Aloud?
- Informational Text Exploration Outline
- Learn More About Vocabulary
- Teacher Agreement
- Teacher Survey
- Student Attitude Assessment
BLAST has been evaluated by:
- Dr. Rita M. Bean Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh