PITTSBURGH MUSIC - ARCHIVAL MATERIAL
CHARLES N. BOYD (1875-1937)
Scrapbook, qr 780.973 B66sc vol. 7Location: Oliver Room
FINDING LISTScrapbook (1914-1916):
This is one of fifteen volumes containing programs given by Charles N. Boyd as choral director pianist, or organist; occasions where he was the speaker; articles and reviews he wrote for local newspapers; press reviews of his work; and his activities as manager of musical groups.
Announcement on March 23, 1914 of a new Pittsburgh organization, The Musicians' Club, including its membership at that time.
Announcement in LEADER, March 14, 1915, of founding of Pittsburgh Musical Institute by its first directors Charles N. Boyd, Frank M. Hunter, Dallmeyer Russell, and William Oetting. Later announcement lists its new address as 4259 Fifth Avenue. Many other announcements and programs also included here.