PITTSBURGH MUSIC - ARCHIVAL MATERIAL
CHARLES N. BOYD (1875-1937)
qr 780.973 B66s volumes 12-15, 1899-1907Location: Oliver Room
Newspaper notices and reviews of concerts by:
- Vladimir de Pachmann, pianist, November 21, 1899
- Ignace Paderewski, pianist, January 16, 1900
- William Shakespeare, vocal teacher of London, March 16,1900
- Ernest Gamble, Pittsburgh basso, May 11, 1900
- Elizabeth Patterson, soprano, May 4, 1900
- David and Isidore Sapirstein, pianists ages 10 and 12, May 15, 1900.
Titled: "General 1900" - this is a scrapbook of miscellaneous news items about Pittsburgh musicians, their activities, and some guest artists from other cities. The first is of Clement Tetedoux, noted Pittsburgh voice teacher who returns for a guest teaching engagement. A few others mentioned are: Harry B. Brockett, Edna Neill, R. J. McDowell, David T. Moore, Mrs. Morris Black, James Stephen Martin, and Shannah Cumming.
According to Boyd's notation, "Indexed September 2, 1907," this is a collection of newspaper items and music journal critiques from Pittsburgh and from around the country.
According to Boyd's notation, "Complete and Indexed 7-8-1907," this is a collection of newspaper items and music journal critiques from Pittsburgh and from around the country.