PITTSBURGH MUSIC - ARCHIVAL MATERIAL
CARL BERNTHALER (1879-1925)
- Personal papers, including his Berlin dairy (1912-1913)
- Signed photographs of some orchestral musicians
- Concert programs, including Pittsburgh Festival Orchestra 1910 and 1913
Time period 1896 - 1913
- Organist, pianist, flautist and conductor active in the city.
- He was a member of the flute section of the Pittsburgh orchestra 1896-1910 and also served as assistant conductor from 1908-1910.
- He organized various orchestras in the city following the demise of the Pittsburgh orchestra in 1910.
Pittsburgh Music Archive #2 (2 boxes)
- Baynham, Edward G. A History of Pittsburgh Music, 1758-1958 - rqML200.8 .P6 B39 1970x
- Wolfe, Richard J. A Short History of the Pittsburgh Orchestra, 1896-1910 - rqML1211.8 .P52 P59 1949x
- Pittsburgh Music Information File
- Oral History of Music in Pittsburgh #32
- Blue Book of Talent (copy). Published by J.C. Dickson (Pittsburgh, PA), 1909
- Photo: Carl Bernthaler
- Postcard: Piano recital…pupils of Vincent B. Wheeler
- Postcard: Pittsburgh Festival Orchestra, CB conductor
- Brochure: Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra – 1934-35 Season
- Postcard: Of and from Charles Wakefield Cadman
- Photo: Unidentified orchestra; C. Bernthaler, conductor?
- Clipping: Undated; Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Pittsburgh Festival Orchestra: Summer Night Concerts; Third Season, 1910. Complete book of programs (copy)
- Pittsburgh Festival Orchestra: Summer Night Concerts; Fifth Season, 1913. Complete book of programs (copy)
- Carl Bernthaler diary: Berlin 1912-13
- Carl Bernthaler accounts book 1901-1908 (includes list of musicians he Accompanied (p.25-26) with commentary
- Photographs, many signed, of musicians with whom CB worked.