If you prefer using our e-mail form to communicate with us, we'll be happy to respond to your requests. Please help us serve you better by keeping the following circumstances in mind:
- Some reference questions are more complex than they first appear and may require further consultation with you.
- Please include a phone number if you can, in the event e-mail is unavailable.
- If your question requires more time or offline research than expected, we will work with you to establish a reasonable timeframe for a complete response. As a courtesy, we will contact you every 24-48 hours with our progress on unfinished questions.
- To ensure equal access and fair treatment for all customers, questions are usually answered in the order they're received.
- If you are contacting us regarding an eBook question, please fill out this form instead.
- Certain questions about library accounts or personal records may require a referral to another library outside of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.
- Inquiries referred to the Pennsylvania Department (generally about genealogy and Pittsburgh history) may require more time. Please visit the Pennsylvania Department's Research Requests page for more details.
E-mail Reference Form
Requests for photocopy services via e-mail cannot be accepted at this time.
Links to Other Forms
- Get Book Recommendations.
- Get Help with eCLP (downloadable books, audio & video).
- Report a Database Problem.
- Ask a Children's Librarian
Help the Library
- Send the Library a Donation.
- Fill out the Volunteer Application Form.
- Tell us how the Library has helped you.
Get a Book
Send a Comment/Suggestion
- Send the Library a Comment.
- Contact the President & Director.
- Send the Web Team a Comment.
- Suggest a Website