Open Work Time and Staffed Work Time
During Open Work Time customers and staff can come in and use the equipment and software in the PC Center. The PC Center-Main has nine computers. The PC Center has an assortment of reference books that can be used for self-teaching. During Open Work Time the guidelines listed below should be adhered to.
During Staffed Work Time a Librarian or Library Assistant from the PC Center or Job & Career Education Center will be available to assist with resume and cover letter writing, job searching, and general computer questions. Availability varies; please refer to this month's PC Center class calendar to see if this service is being offered.
- All customers must have a valid library card and PIN to be able to sign into the system to use a computer.
- Time limits will be enforced if others are waiting to use the computers. If no one is waiting, time will be automatically extended.
- You are only permitted to save files to a flash drive. Anything saved to the C drive, including the My Documents folder, or Desktop will be erased upon log out. Flash drives are available for purchase at the Main Library Circulation desk for $10.00.
- Headphones are available for for purchase at the Main Library Circulation desk for $1.00.
- Food or drink are not permitted in the PC Center.
- Customers may only use 1 computer at a time.
- Be respectful of those around you. Keep headphone volume and conversations quiet and to a minimum. Please turn off cell phones while in the library and take all calls outside.
- The PC Center follows the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Internet Policy.
- The PC Center follows the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh's Printing Policy.
- Printing is 25 cents per page. You may pick up and pay for your prints at the PC Center staff desk.
- Due to the computer sign in system, reservations can not be made in advance for use of the computers during Open Work Time.
Please call the PC Center - Main at 412-578-2561 for more information about their current Open Work Time and Staffed Work Time hours or check the online calendar for the current month.