The following pages are taken from handouts available at the PC Centers.
Microsoft Office Suite
Introduction to Computers & Windows
- Keyboarding Basics: Learn what all of those keys do with this handout.
- Computer Lingo: Get definitions for all those crazy computer terms.
- Mouse Basics: Learn the basics of using a mouse.
- Playing Solitaire: Playing this game will help you get better using a mouse.
- Working With Windows: Get help understanding the common parts of a Window.
- Menus & Dialog Boxes: Learn how to use the tools needed to make choices.
Learn the WWW & Email
- Internet Jargon: What's HTML? What's a download? Find out with this help sheet
- Internet Explorer Screen: Learn what those buttons and the Address bar at the top of the Internet Explorer screen do.
- Understanding URL's: Still confused by what those Web addresses mean? Use this help sheet to understand the URL.
- Sites of Interest: Try using these addresses to practice your searching by URL skills.
- Searching and Search Engines: How do you use a search engine? Get help with this sheet.
- Evaluating Web Sites: Although the WWW has proved to be an invaluable resource, it naturally raises some questions. How can you be sure that the information you are getting is accurate and reliable. Get help.
- Advanced Searching on the WWW: Learn how to use some advanced search tools and different types of Web sites where you can do your searching.
- Shopping on the WWW: This handout will help you learn how to safely shop on the WWW.
- Online Forms & Applications: What you need to know before filling out a form on the WWW.
- Getting Started with Yahoo! Mail: This will show you how to get and use a free email account from Yahoo!.
- Advanced Email Features: Learn how to use the calendar, contacts list, and folders in Yahoo! mail with this handout.
- Working with Attachments in Yahoo! Mail: This handout will tell you how to attach a picture or document to an email.