Community Advocate Award
We need your help...
We are looking for outstanding community advocates that support Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and we want to hear from you! Please think of a deserving candidate(s) and tell us in your own words how this person or group demonstrates the following:
• Belief in the importance of free and equitable access to information a democratic society
• Belief that libraries and librarians are vital to the economic, social and educational fabric of our community
• Ability to act as an ambassador in the community; serving as the eyes and ears of the Library, as well as its voice
The award process…
Nominations are reviewed by a committee of library staff and board members. The winner will be announced at the Library's Annual Public Meeting on March 31, 2015.
Nominations close on March 1, 2015.
Previous Community Advocate of the Year Award Winners
- 2013 - Brothers, Nicholas Suarez and Louis Suarez
- 2012 - Karen Derzic, President of the Friends of CLP-Woods Run and Secretary of CLP-Friends Council
- 2011 - YOU! Supporters of Our Library, Our Future.