Community Advocate Award
Thank you and congratulations to our Library Advocates and Community Partner of the Year!
The Brashear Association
The award recipients were presented with certificates at the Library's Annual Public meeting on March 31, 2015 as a special recognition within the Library for their support and advocacy, and for demonstrating the following:
- Belief in the importance of free and equitable access to information in a democratic society
- Belief that libraries and librarians are vital to the economic, social and educational fabric of our community
- Ability to act as an ambassador in the community; serving as the eyes and ears of the Library, as well as its voice
Previous Community Advocate of the Year Award Winners
- 2013 - Brothers, Nicholas Suarez and Louis Suarez
- 2012 - Karen Derzic, President of the Friends of CLP-Woods Run and Secretary of CLP-Friends Council
- 2011 - YOU! Supporters of Our Library, Our Future.