In an effort to give community members an easy way to support their library, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh re-launched its successful Donor Plus library card program in April. The purpose of the program is to help generate sustainable annual funding for critical library services. In 2009, the Donor Plus program raised nearly $60,000 to support the purchase of materials, hours of service, job-search assistance and computer and Internet access.
As of June 30, the Donor Plus program has raised $39,870 in operating support for the Library. This is a 46% increase over the amount raised from Donor Plus in the same period of 2009.
Donor Plus card donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law and help Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh offset increasing operating costs. The Donor Plus card - $30 for individuals and $50 for a family card - is available at all Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh locations. Donor Plus has all the benefits of a free classic library card with a few extra incentives, including:
- A unique library card featuring the Pittsburgh skyline designed by graffiti artist Ramon Treviņo.
- Invitations to attend special events that highlight the services, history and impact of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.
- Subscription to CLP Staff Picks e-newsletter featuring the Library's monthly collection spotlight and reading suggestions from Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh's team of librarians.
- A 20% discount at more than 25 area Crazy Mocha Coffee Company locations including CLP - Main.
- Advance notice of your Donor Plus Card expiration.
Get your Donor Plus Library Card today! Stop in at any Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh location. For more information, please visit www.carnegielibrary.org/DonorPlus or call 412.622.1873.